Pickleball players and friends of pickleball partnered with the City of Prescott and Yavapai County to build the state-of-the-art Prescott Pickleball Courts at the Pioneer Park Sports Complex. In May 2017, Prescott got its first public pickleball courts, and the Prescott Pickleball Association (PPA) formed a players association.
The mission of PPA is to provide programs and events to the Prescott community and value to PPA members through members programs.
There will be a strategic planning committee convened to determine the short and long term plans for PPA. We are looking for people willing to serve on this ad hoc committee. The strategic planning committee will meet on July 21 and August 4 for a day long meeting starting at 9AM at the Grace Sparkes Activity Center, 824 East Gurley. If you are interested and can make at least one of these meetings, please contact Kevin Costa or Peg Travers. We hope to get 15 people who are interested in defining this association’s plan, visions, and short and long term goals.
Great news for pickleball! On May 22, 2018, the Prescott City Council approved $30,000 from the Acker Foundation to be used for building more pickleball courts. Now the pickleball is in our courts! The FOUR MORE Campaign is on! If you are thinking of a worthy cause for a donation, think PICKLEBALL! You can donate by using the online donation form on our website or send a check to PO Box 3361, Prescott AZ 86302. Just make the check out to ACF and on the memo line: PPA+4. If you know of a business or have a business that would like to donate, please let us know. The sooner we raise the money, the sooner we will get FOUR MORE built! Remember, we are a 501(c)3, and eligible for a tax credit.
— Peg Travers, President of PPA
- BEGINNER LESSONS on the first four Mondays of each month at 5:30 PM in May through August. Check the calendar for the schedule.
- Prescott Pickleball ROUND UP Tournament hosted by PPA is June 21-23. Registration on PickleballTournaments.com. This is a USAPA Sanctioned Event.
- Prescott Youth Pickleball Clinic & Tournament in July is for youth ages 10-17. The City of Prescott Parks and Recreation and the Prescott Pickleball Association are pleased to announce our first annual YOUTH MONTH. Courts 5, 6, 7 are reserved for the clinics and courts 6, 7, 8, 9 are reserved for the tournament.
- 2018 Prescott Lakes Senior Pickleball Tournament, August 17-18-19, at The Club at Prescott Lakes is hosted by the Prescott Lakes Pickleball Club for players 50+ and has also scheduled the first ever Celebration Dinner.
- Prescott MILE HIGH MATCHUP Tournament hosted by PPA is scheduled for September 14-15-16. Registration on PickelballTournaments.com.
PROUD SPONSORS OF PPA
|Taylor & Padgett
- Attention tournament players: A new rating system is coming
- DESIGNATED PLAY SCHEDULE has been updated with a new Skill Level Play schedule.
- Beginner classes also are available on Saturdays at the Willow Hills Baptist Church indoor courts offered by the Willow Hills Pickleball Club to anyone interested in learning to play. For details, contact Bob Atherton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 928-499-2498.
- Events, lessons, and court cleanings at Pioneer Park Pickleball Courts are posted on the Calendar.
- For news of local pickleball events and activities, be sure to Follow us on Facebook.
- If you are looking for non-PPA pickleball activities, check out Prescott Valley Pickleball Association, Willow Hills Pickleball Club, Other Places to Play, and Pickleball Tournaments.
FOUR MORE at Pioneer Park! The Prescott Pickleball Association announces a campaign to build FOUR MORE at Prescott Pickleball Courts at Pioneer Park!
PPA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Please think about Prescott Pickleball Association for your next 501(c)(3) tax-deductible donation. PPA is committed to maintaining and improving the public Prescott Pickleball Courts at Pioneer Park. We are working to get permission to build more courts in 2018 and on improvements to the current courts as well. We are a 100% volunteer group; there are no paid employees so your dollars go directly to the courts. Use the link above, or send your tax-deductible donation to the PPA at PO Box 3361, Prescott AZ 86302. Make check payable to Arizona Community Foundation with “PPA+4” in the memo line.
Location of public Prescott Pickleball Courts: