Pickleball players and friends of pickleball have partnered with the City of Prescott and Yavapai County to build state-of-the-art pickleball courts at Pioneer Park Sports Complex. In May 2017, Prescott got its first public pickleball courts, and the Prescott Pickleball Association (PPA) formed a players association.
The mission of PPA is to provide programs and events to the Prescott community and value to PPA members through members programs.
PPA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Please think about Prescott Pickleball Association for your next 501(c)(3) tax-deductible donation. PPA is committed to maintaining and improving the public courts at Pioneer Park. We are working to get permission to build more courts in 2018 and on improvements to the current courts as well. We are a 100% volunteer group; there are no paid employees so your dollars go directly to the courts. Send your tax-deductible donation to the PPA at PO Box 3361, Prescott AZ 86302. Make check payable to Arizona Community Foundation with “PPA” in the memo line.
- The Sweetheart Tournament starts at noon on Sunday, February 18. Come out to cheer on your fellow picklers and enjoy the refreshments.
- PPA Skills-Drills-Strategies Clinic with Scott Moore on February 25-26-27.
- 2018 Pickleball Round Up Tournament is June 21-23. Registration on PickleballTournaments.com. This is a USAPA Sanctioned Event.
- FOUR MORE at Pioneer Park! The Prescott Pickleball Association announces a campaign to build FOUR MORE at Pioneer Park!
- For news of local pickleball events and activities, be sure to Follow us on Facebook.
- Beginner and intermediate lessons/clinics are available on the Pioneer Park courts offered by the PPA and are free to PPA members. PPA lessons/clinics will restart in the spring. For now, beginner classes are available on the Willow Hills Baptist Church indoor courts offered by the Willow Hills Pickleball Club to anyone interested in learning to play. For details, contact Bob Atherton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 928-499-2498. Please read this message from Willow Hills Pickleball Club re lessons and clinics.
- Challenge (Drop-In) Play, events, lessons, and court cleanings at Pioneer Park Pickleball Courts are posted on the Calendar. Courts 3 and 4 are for Recreational/Beginners Play all day, except when events are scheduled.
- Most of all, please review the Notices page for important information and remember the Rules of Play when on the courts.
- Finally, if you are looking for non-PPA pickleball activities, check out Prescott Valley Pickleball Association, Willow Hills Pickleball Club, Other Places to Play, and Pickleball Tournaments.
Location of Prescott public courts: